All pre-school and elementary school children are invited downstairs to the church auditorium after the Gospel reading (and a brief conversation with Fr. André) to learn more about their faith and grow in their love for Jesus, returning just prior to Communion. If you are interested in helping to facilitate these sessions, please contact Jennifer Clerke at 306-280-2942 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the facilitator schedule.
“Let the children come to Me, and do not hinder them!
For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these”
To the parents of our young children, may we suggest …
- Relax! God put the wiggle in children; don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house.
- Sit toward the front where it’s easier to see and hear.
- Quietly explain the parts of the Liturgy.
- Pray, sing the responses. Children learn liturgical behaviour by copying you.
- If you need to leave the Liturgy with your child, please feel free to do so, but please come back.
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to Church, to God and to Christ. Let them know that they are at home in this Liturgical gathering.
To the members of the parish …
A smile of encouragement is always welcome to parents with small, active children.